In my personal journey to master option trading, I’ve discovered two things:
1. Trading groups are invaluable. They are one of the golden keys to a successful trading career.
2. Coaches are invaluable, too, because they inspire, motivate, and hold you accountable for what you’ve committed to doing.
Why is a coach so critical to your success? Because a coach can see things objectively and provide you with feedback without fear of hurting your feelings. You see, a coach is not trying to build a friendship. He’s trying to make you successful.
So everything he says or does is aimed at your success — and not at earning your approval.
Friends seek approval — coaches earn respect.
When you join the Trading Trainer community, you’ll get to experience trading within a group. And you will also get to experience what it’s like to have a coach who cares about your success.
Sometimes you may not like what your coach says to you. That’s okay. It’s all part of the process of learning and growing.
Tiger Woods probably gets upset at his coach periodically, but he still chooses to have a coach. That’s because Tiger Woods recognizes how important it is to have a coach who can give him objective feedback and help him become a better golfer.
Many now-famous personalities look back on their years of mentorship with fondness. Not because they particularly enjoyed being disciplined and corrected, but rather because they recognize it as a time in their life when they learned more than they’d ever learned before — and became better than they’d ever been.
It is the same with almost any coaching or mentoring experience.
So… How do you know you have a good coach?
- You know it when he’s not afraid to say what nobody else is willing to tell you.
- You know it when he’s willing to hold you accountable to do what you committed to do.
- You know it when he holds you to a higher standard — and inspires you to become a better person.