Timing determines trading success.
Act too soon and you place yourself at significant risk of being ‘chopped up’ as the market continues to build momentum to take direction.
Hesitate and you risk chasing the market.
The more aware you are the better timing will be.
Independent thought determines awareness; your ability to judge what information is most relevant. Why. And how to collect, filter, analyze, and apply fast enough to keep decisions ahead of price movement.
Assessing independent thought:
- Do you trust yourself to judge what is most relevant or defer to consensus?
- Do you trust yourself to judge what is creditable or defer to the judgment of others?
- Do you validate your professionalism by digging deep to collaborate relevance and creditability?
- Do you recognize multiple sources ‘parroting’ the same concerns or conclusions without demonstrating independent confirmation (own proprietary investigative work) is nothing more than hearsay?
- Does hearsay alert you to the potential for construction of a false narrative?
- Do you look 180 degrees away from hearsay to expand perspective for what may actually be taking place?
- Do you require a fact pattern that is easy to follow or allow yourself to be manipulated by ‘Pretzel Logic’?
Self-trust determines independent thought.
If you can easily readily explain, in tangible terms, how your process best directs and supports improvement and performance then probability is high you are an independent thinker.
Please do not make the mistake of validating trust by completing tasks and following rules. Instead look to foundational beliefs and behaviors creating the high awareness to complete tasks and follow rules most effectively. This is the best validation of personal accountability earning self-trust.
Limited understanding and knowledge for qualifying and quantifying personal accountability is why traders/investors struggle to time trade entry and exit (keep decisions ahead of price movement). This is also why professionals and their organizations struggle to improve fast enough to stay ahead of client/customer, team, and organizational needs.